2021 New York State
Women's Senior & Super
Senior Amateur Championship
Pinehaven Country Club (Guilderland) | August 24-25
FORMAT & DIVISIONS
This championship is a two-day 36-hole stroke play competition with two divisions: Senior (ages 50-64) and Super Senior (ages 65+).
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
Listed below is the tentative schedule of events for this year’s Championship. Any substantial changes will be reported to players via email/text.
Monday, August 23
- PRACTICE ROUNDS CANCELLED
Tuesday, August 24
- 11:00am...........… Driving range opens
- 12:40am...........… Announcements
- 1:00pm….....….… Round 1 (shotgun start)
- 6:00pm............... Cocktail reception
- 7:00pm............... Contestant dinner
Wednesday, August 25
- 7:00am.............… Driving range opens
- 8:40am.........….… Announcements
- 9:00am….........… Round 2 (shotgun start)
- 2:00pm................ Awards ceremony
Click here to view pairings for the first round 9am shotgun.
Players who plan to arrive at Pinehaven on Monday, August 23 for practice rounds will register in-person with NYSGA staff by the pro shop. Players will be provided with their tee gifts, have their profile picture taken for online scoring, and be given final important notices and reminders.
- Register online
- Register by email: email@example.com
Failure to register may result in the forfeiture of your spot in the championship.
A complimentary practice round is available on Monday, August 23. The restaurant is not open on Mondays, players can bring a cooler of drinks/food. To secure a tee time, DO NOT CALL THE PRO SHOP. Players must register for a practice round via the website noted below.
- Visit "Schedule Your Practice Round" under the "Pairings" menu option
- Select your name from the search bar
- Select your desired tee time. You may add other player in the field to your grouping. DO NOT remove a player without their permission.
- If you need assistance, please call the NYSGA office at 315-471-6979.
Seniors will play from the Green Tees: 5,461 yards (71.4/126) and the Super Seniors from the Red Tees: 4,859 yards (68.1/117).
A player may provide her own caddie. No caddies are available through the host club. All caddies will be required to use an NYSGA bib during practice and competition rounds. Bibs can be checked out at the NYSGA office (license is required).
The range will be provided complimentary to players.
PLAYER DINNER - NEW
The dinner is now scheduled for Tuesday, August 24 (see schedule). The attire is country club casual. Special requests can be sent to Iris Stanek, Championship Chair, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Guests tickets may be purchased at the player registration table for $40 (cash/check).
ON-COURSE WATER & SNACKS
Water bottles and fruit/snacks will be provided on the golf course for players.
GOLF CARTS AND THE NYSGA 'ONE-SEAT' POLICY
The use of a golf cart for all rounds (including the practice round) is included in your entry fee. The use of a golf cart is NOT mandatory. A player may carry his own clubs or use a manual or electric push cart.
The NYSGA's 'One-Seat' Policy is in effect. This policy permits either the player or his caddie to ride, but not both at the same time. If there are only two players riding in a group, they will be required to take one cart. Exceptions to this policy are made when the player's caddie has been approved for a handicap cart (see below).
SPECTATORS AND CARTS
Spectators are encouraged to attend this Championship follow guidelines consistent with other golf competitions. Spectators are expected to maintain a reasonable distance (at least 20 yards) from players and to always walk with or ahead of the group they are following. Spectators must not give players advice, doing so could result in the player being penalized. Spectators who are in breach of these recommendations may be subject to removal from the golf course.
The NYSGA will accommodate spectators with an ADA disability by allowing them to ride in their own golf cart. To request this accommodation, a spectator must complete an return the NYSGA Golf Cart Request Form at least 7 days in advance so that we can order carts (limited supply is available through Pinehaven).
The NYSGA does not have a group hotel rate assigned for this Championship (NYSGA members may use Affinity Travel Benefits to save on lodging). Listed below are a sampling of a few hotels and their distance from the course.
- Tru by Hilton Albany Crossgates Mall, 4.1 miles (8 min)
- Hampton Inn Albany-Western Ave, 4.3 miles (9 min)
- Courtyard by Marriott Albany Thruway, 6.8 miles (13 min)
LOCAL RULES AND CONDITIONS
Listed below are a number of important Conditions of Competition and Local Rules for this Championship.
- RULES OF GOLF; WHEN COMPETITION IS FINAL. Play will be governed by The Rules of Golf as approved by the USGA and R&A. Questions are to be referred to the NYSGA Rules Committee, whose decision will be final. The result of this Championship is final when the Championship trophy has been presented.
- NYSGA LOCAL RULES AND TERMS OF THE COMPETITION (HARD CARD). Download the 2019 NYSGA Hard Card (click here).
- GOLF BALLS; DRIVER HEADS. Model Local Rules G-1 and G-3 are in effect. Visit the USGA website for a list of approved golf balls (click here) and driver heads (click here).
- PERSONAL APPEARANCE. Players must be neat in appearance with respect to personal grooming and clothing.
To withdraw, promptly notify the NYSGA (call 315-471-6979, or e-mail email@example.com). Failure to do so may result in disqualification from future NYSGA competitions.
PACE OF PLAY
It is a condition that players must play without undue delay in accordance with guidelines established by the Committee. To view the NYSGA's Pace of Play Policy, click here.
In the event of a discontinuance of play during this Championship, players must adhere to the evacuation plan distributed by the NYSGA.
Players and/or their guests must conduct themselves in a reasonable manner at all times. Any excessive display of anger, vulgar language, club throwing, alcohol abuse, illegal drug use, lack of golfing etiquette or disrespect to a fellow player or any other individual may be grounds or disqualification from any tournament. The NYSGA reserves the right to revoke a player's tournament entry, without a refund, at any time for conduct deemed inappropriate or damaging to the NYSGA.
PINEHAVEN COUNTRY CLUB
1151 Silver Road, Guilderland, NY 12084
Scott Warren, PGA GM
Brian Pierotti, PGA
Rob Bigley, GCSAA
NYSGA STAFF IN CHARGE
Andrew Hickey, NYSGA Assistant Executive Director
Dan Mort, USGA P.J. Boatwright, Jr Intern